Laser Ranging in a New Dimension
Public talk presented at the PyData London in 2016.
You can watch a recording of the talk on Youtube:
The slides of the talk are available for download
as a pdf file
(the image quality in this version has been reduced for a smaller file size, and
the pdf export does not include some of the animations and
freise_pydata_07052016_reduced.pdf [8 MB].
Some links shown in the talk:
- Pocket Black Hole mobile app: play with the light bending effect of a black hole
- Finesse: numerical simulation for laser optics and interferometers
- PyKat: Python interface and tools for Finesse
- Learn Laser Interferometry: IPython-based self-study material
- LIGO Magazine: free pdf-based magazine on LIGO and gravitational wave detection